The Philharmonic Society of Orange County seeks a dynamic Director of Marketing to develop and execute marketing campaigns for the season. This position will also manage marketing and public relations budget and oversee reporting of concert ticket sales and audience development campaigns. The Director of Marketing will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations.
The Philharmonic Society of Orange County is one of the country’s most prestigious presenting organizations, dedicated to bringing the world’s most celebrated symphony orchestras and international artists to the region. We also provide free music education programs that reach 160,000 students each year throughout the County.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, major in marketing/communications preferred
- 4+ years of marketing and public relations experience, with management experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products
- Evidence of drive and enthusiasm through taking initiative and problem solving
- Working knowledge of Tessitura and experience working with HTML and design software a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience in classical music a plus
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns for the season, including media planning for print, radio, digital, and television.
- Develop and execute goals for online campaigns, including content management for website, social media, e-mail newsletters, and promotional marketing.
- Develop and manage marketing/public relations budget; approve department and special project expenses and track and reconcile invoices to the appropriate budget.
- Oversee accurate reporting of concert ticket sales and audience development campaigns.
- Manage direct mail campaigns, including requests and approval of list trades with partner organizations.
- Act as liaison between Marketing and Patron Services departments to oversee cross-departmental initiatives, and event and season builds for website and ticketing system.
- Write advertorial content and press releases, and review content in marketing materials to reinforce brand development.
- Attend Philharmonic Society concerts, overseeing front of house preparations and acting as media liaison.
- Act as staff liaison for the Board Concerts Committee, including sending out meeting reminders, preparing meeting packets and taking minutes.
- Research ticket sales history for potential artists and assist Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations in developing ticket sales projections for potential concert presentations.
- Review and approve charity donation requests.
- Oversee Marketing & Public Relations Associate(s) and Marketing Intern(s) to ensure assigned tasks are met in a timely manner.
- Stand in for Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations to represent department when VP is not present.
- Provide additional departmental support as needed.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience with benefits including health and dental. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.