Marketing & Graphics Coordinator
Date Posted: 06/07/12
Organization: Irvine Fine Arts Center
The City of Irvine seeks an experienced and energetic individual to coordinate and oversee marketing materials, website updates, and e-communication for programs at the Irvine Fine Arts Center which includes assisting in maintenance of the marketing production schedule, organizing materials for distribution, serving as liaison to contracted graphic artists, producing basic in-house marketing and programmatic materials and performing related marketing functions at the Irvine Fine Arts Center. This position is Part-Time with a schedule requirement of 19 hour per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage Fine Arts marketing production schedules; coordinate with the IFAC master calendar.
· Create and distribute e-communications to IFAC participants.
· With Program Coordinators, provide text and image updates to the IFAC website pages.
· Communicate graphic design needs and process with contracted graphic designers.
· Produce in-house signage and basic/Exhibition marketing materials as assigned.
· Provide customer service as needed, including information regarding programs and program promotion.
· Work cooperatively with contract instructors, community groups, artists, City staff and volunteers.
· Assist with special events not scheduled during regular center hours.
· 1st Aid and CPR Certificate will be required within first three months of employment.
HOURS: Daytime hours vary and will be scheduled during IFAC hours Monday – Friday. Some Saturday availability is required.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
· Two years of college or university level coursework in graphic art and design, art education, and two years of experience working with graphic design programs, lay-out, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Ability to work cooperatively with staff, contractors and patrons.
· Training in visual art and design; knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign software; ability to function on a Mac platform.
· Ability to work a somewhat flexible schedule, which includes occasional Saturdays.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to understand and implement City and Irvine Fine Art Center policies and procedures.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry equipment/supplies (weighing up to 50 lbs.); ability to lean, stoop, twist and bend in performing job duties.
· Proof of a current negative tuberculin test and current driver’s license is required prior to employment.
PAY: $13.57 - $16.96 Hourly
Disclaimer: Sparkoc.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or outcome of any classified listing. Please do not contact Sparkoc.com regarding any of the classified listings above.