Irvine Barclay Theatre is seeking a part-time Assistant Patron Services Manager.
This position serves as assistant manager for patron and lobby operations. The position reports to the patron services manager. Responsibilities are diverse and hands-on and requires experience in customer service and personnel supervision.
Flexible hours depending on theatre schedule, average of 20 hours per week.
General event management
• Assure public safety and welfare, especially in emergency situations
• Act as shift house manager as scheduled for performances and public events
• Assist in pre and post event coordination
• Provide high level of customer service
• Coordinate theatre client needs, including receptions, merchandise sales, and lobby displays • Complete all required reporting
• Observe equipment and facilities; notify appropriate individuals of equipment or facilities requiring maintenance
Required Abilities. Knowledge, and Skills
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age and have legal authorization to work in the United States
• High level of written and verbal communication skills. Math skills for reconciliations
• Works a flexible schedule with evenings, weekends, and some holiday work required
• Knowledge of PC-type computer programs including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as credit card scanners, ticket scanners, flashlights, radios, and push carts
• Ability to lift, carry and manipulate loads up to 50 pounds for short distances.
• Know ledge of performing arts practices and the artistic disciplines of dance, drama, music, etc.
• Ability to speak a second language a plus.