The Business Manager for Arts & Learning Conservatory will be responsible for monitoring and implementing general accounting practices along with budgeting and developing internal accounting controls. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CEO and Operations Director and play an instrumental role in the financial future and general operations of the company. This a part time non-exempt position working 25-30 hours per week.
Ensure accuracy of data compliance with accounting standards and related regulations and manage day-to-day accounting operations
• Prepare cash flow analysis
• Process payables weekly
• Manage reimbursements and petty cash
• Post enrollment activity daily
• Post credit card charges
• Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts
• Post adjusting journal entries
• Record revenue from all productions
• Record donations as received and maintain donor data via QB
• Post accounts receivable payments daily/Make deposits weekly
• Maintain accounts receivable and ensure aging with no accounts over 60 days
• Submit invoices to Charter Schools as sessions are ending. Ensure we are billing for each student.
• Create invoices for private lesson students
• Create invoices for offsite ASAP programs where there is no in- house enrollment
• Process payroll biweekly and manage all aspects of HR. Must have good working knowledge of CA employment law and Human Resources Administration
• Prepares new hire packets and required paperwork for employment
• Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies;
gathering withholding and other payroll information
• Pays employees by calculating pay; distributing checks; maintaining records.
• Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in
job classifications; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
Working with the Board, CEO and Operations Director set budgets annually Submit monthly financial reports to Board
Distribute budget reports to staff as needed Prepare work for all audits and tax returns Maintain separate ledgers for all grants
Renew and review insurance coverage on all policies (Workers comp, liability and D&O)
Attend weekly staff meeting
Work on special projects as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience 3+ years’ experience in a
non-profit accounting leadership role
Experience in Human Resources administration Exceptional leadership abilities
Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills QuickBooks experience preferred
In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheets Strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of non-profit GAAP accounting and financial reporting principles and practices, including fund and grant compliance and reporting
Part time non-exempt position working 15-20 hours per week.
Rate of Pay: $25 (or commensurate with experience)
Send resumes to email@example.com