The California Arts Council, a state agency, was awarded CARES Act relief funds through the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency, and allocated them to their State-Local Partners, including Arts Orange County.
The purpose of these grants is to aid local arts organizations serving socially vulnerable populations within their communities that are not eligible for the direct CARES Act stimulus grants.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SEPTEMBER 21, 2020 AT 5 PM.
- Must be an arts organization physically located in and serving Orange County residents.
- Must be a non-profit organization or have a non-profit fiscal sponsor.
- Must have a mission of providing arts programs or services to a “community of color” or have a primary clientele that are people of color.
- Must have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- Must not have received CARES Act grant support from other sources (e.g. National Endowment for the Arts, Orange County Districts 1, 4, or 5 Small Business Relief Grants, Orange County District 3 Arts Relief Grants, Orange County District 2 Nonprofit Organization Relief Grants, CalHumanities CARES Grants, WESTAF CARES Grants, etc.)