The Muckenthaler Cultural Center in Fullerton seeks a Communications Director. Do you have a calling to work with a cultural arts nonprofit in North Orange County publicizing and marketing our performing arts concerts and festivals, art exhibits and rapidly expanding arts education programs?
Your duties will include: drive awareness through PR activities as measured by earning press articles and inviting press to events throughout the year, engage with the community via social media as measured by daily responses to our posts and rolling out boosted posts per year to increase engagement and number of followers, solidify Muck brand by completing the season calendar, website updates, and ticketing site updates.
- Head traditional and new media outreach—To local, regional, and national contacts to increase visibility and attendance for more than 250 programs, classes, exhibitions, festivals, and events per year.
- Create and Design all marketing materials: Graphic design and coordinating outside vendors—Including printers, photographers, and videographers.
- Develop and sustain collaborative marketing projects—With community groups and institutions.
- Maintain company web site and act as liaison with Ticketing Software
- Coordinate volunteers—recruitment, training, assignment of duties, and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred (Relevant experience may be substituted for degree on a year for year basis)
- Minimum three years progressively responsible experience in marketing, advertising, journalism, publications and communications, or a related field Outstanding oral and written English language skills, additional languages a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and tell a story to diverse audiences (media, volunteers, community, funders), to edit and proofread
- Excellent computer skills in most current versions of Windows/Apple and Office, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator software. Web Design experience preferred.
- Ability to use internet and social media as a marketing and media tool
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, self motivated
- Demonstrated experience in building successful media relationships and managing placement and content
- Experience in strategic and tactical planning, budget development, and coaching.
- Commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Current California Drivers license, valid auto insurance
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously Position Description Communications Director is Responsible for:
- Designing an Annual Brochure, written programs, fliers, postcards, quarterly newsletters, etc
- Maintaining and updating Website; Conducting Webbased marketing; email updates; Social Media networks
- Setting and maintaining our online ticketing platform
- All Advertisements both in our literature and in periodicals, newspapers, web, etc.
- Writing/sending press releases
- Maintaining Muckenthaler booths at events such as festivals, fairs and the community market
- Acting as Muckenthaler Public Information Officer (liaison with the press on stories)
- Handling our mailings
- Handling crosspromotional opportunities
- Getting positive news stories out about the Muckenthaler and our programs
- Authoring a marketing plan with other management staff and the Chief Executive Officer
- Developing a capital campaign marketing plan
- Other tasks as assigned
Disclaimer: This list of job elements, responsibilities, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job; and management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Work Schedule: Full-time salaried management position with health and retirement benefits and a professional development stipend, depending on strong candidate’s needs and work output.
Salary: $50,000/ year
Criminal background clearance required upon job offer.
Please email resumes and cover letter to: Janette Pyun Chief Operations Officer, email@example.com
Application at: https://themuck.org/join-the-team