- Must be reliable, responsible, trustworthy and capable of multi-tasking with the ability to work collaboratively, effectively and professionally with staff, volunteers and subscribers.
- Diplomatic, with strong people and relationship building skills and experience providing quality customer service while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office; experience with Raiser’s Edge and Tessitura software a plus.
- Availability to work occasional evenings for concerts/events during the season.
- Ability to handle donor and prospect-related information with discretion and integrity.
- Previous experience with sales/customer service, and knowledge of classical music is strongly preferred.
- Gift Entry, Database Maintenance, Gift Receipts and Thank You Letters
- Enter batches of gifts; mark deposits and gift forms.
- E-mail gift reports to Development staff; reconcile with Accounting to insure accuracy of all gift entries.
- Update constituent files as updates and corrections arise.
- Generate, print and mail receipts under $300.
- Generate and mail thank you letters.
- Update gift forms accordingly.
- Donor/Member Renewal Mailings
- Generate lists of donors and members who are due to renew each month.
- Coordinate the correct recipients of letters; mail merge; print and mail renewal letters with gift form and return envelope.
- Development/Membership Support & Communications
- Maintain filling system for the Development department for donor information, gifts, and printed materials.
- Create/update order forms, brochures and handouts as needed and order from print house or print in-house.
- Update donor listings for the concert program books prior to going to press.
- Design and arrange for sponsorship posters as needed.
- Provide photos and captions for Donor spotlights.
- Schedule meetings for President & Artistic Director and VP of Development as directed.
- Conduct research, upon request, about PSOC donors and prospects to support fund development efforts.
Patron Services Responsibilities:
This position will assist with the day-to-day operations of the box office, including goal-driven ticket sales, order processing, specialized customer service and administrative work.
- Work within computerized ticketing system (Tessitura) to process and fill ticket sales (via phone, online, in person, and at performances) and enter accurate customer information. Promote additional concerts as part of subscription and single ticket campaigns to callers and in-person ticket buyers.
- Provide a professional standard of customer service and effectively communicate Philharmonic Society programs and policies to patrons.
- Prepare reports and packets for and participate in weekly ticketing meeting.
- Work with Marketing department to create and schedule email event reminders for all concerts.
- In the absence of Patron Services Director, prepare subscription and single ticket sales reports, collect mail, and update ticket sales goals whiteboard.