The Philharmonic Society is seeking a special, collaborative professional who can manage our bookkeeping, payroll and HR functions, as well as assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures to support the financial operations and growth of the organization.
Under the direction of the Vice president of Finance, this role will be responsible for bank account management, A/P and A/R, gift processing, ledger management, and reconciliation of all PSOC accounts. Human Resource responsibilities include updating and maintaining the employee handbook, maintaining employee records, updating employee job descriptions, and overseeing the renewal and any changes to medical, dental, vision benefits.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Bank Account Management
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Gift Processing
• General Ledger Management
• Monthly Reconciliations of PSOC Accounts
• Credit Card receipts and statements
• Sales and State Tax filings
• Maintain PSOC Policy handbook (including new laws, etc)
• Maintain Employee records
• Update Employee Job Descriptions
• Post job ads for open positions
• Prepare Hiring/Termination packet
• Responsible for renewing Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Responsible to update any changes on employee coverage (medical/dental/vision)
• Schedule and oversee safety, mandatory trainings and workshops
• Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Other Duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• 3-5 years executive management, HR and/or administrative experience required.
• 4 year degree (preferably in Accounting or HR); or 2 yr assoc. degree with strong work experience.
• Knowledge of Accounting fundamentals.
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint/Excel); Quickbooks and with Blackbaud and Tessitura software experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, organization and project management skills.
• Handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be reliable, responsible, trustworthy and capable of multi-tasking with the ability to work collaboratively, effectively and professionally with staff and volunteers.
• Highly detail-oriented a must.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments to meet goals and deadlines.
• A positive “can-do” attitude is a must.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@philharmonicsociety.org
Please include in the subject line of your email: FINANCE
Please submit materials in Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word format