From Director/Musical Director Krissy Lynn:
“I am delighted to be teaming up with the incredibly talented Danielle Schaefer as we take on MTOC’s first youth show! What a FUN experience this will be! This is a great opportunity for beginners, as well as kids who have already done a million shows, to get training that will help them grow in ways they never thought were possible.
This show has such a special place in my heart, as Gertrude Mcfuzz was my first main role in a production. Growing up I always felt a little awkward and out of place. I understood Gertrude’s awkwardness and her desire for more, to be “more like the other birds”. But the lesson at the end is to be who you are, because who you are created to be will always be the best version of you! This wacky show is such a great way for kids to be silly, to have fun, and to be fully loved and accepted along the way.”
Audition Dates (Casting ages 7- 18)
- October 1st 5:30pm – 8:30pm (Sign-in begins at 5:00pm) OR
- October 5th 9:00 – 11:30am (Sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Callbacks (by invitation only): October 5th 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- Please prepare a 1 minute audition song in the style of the show. No accompanist will be provided, please come prepared with an instrumental audio track on your phone (should be able to be put in airplane mode).
- Come prepared to learn a short dance combination (shoes and attire you can move well in are suggested).
- Be prepared to list ALL conflicts, no conflicts accepted after casting.
- Bring a headshot/photo, resume (optional).
- Casting Ages 7 – 18
- All roles open. Looking to cast 25-30 performers
- Cast Requirements/Fees 18 and under
- Tuition $400
- Requirement to sell 15 tickets
- 10 pre-show volunteer hours
- 10 show volunteer hours
- If cast in the show, there will be a mandatory Cast & Parent meeting and read-thru October 8th at 5:30pm
- Rehearsals begin October 8th and will be held on Tuesdays from 5:30 – 8:30pm and Select Saturdays from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Saturday rehearsals will be held on 10/12, 10/19, 11/2, 11/23 and 12/7
- December 9th – 11th from 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- 12/12 at 7pm, 12/13 at 7pm, 12/14 at 1pm & 7pm, 12/15 at 3pm