OCMA seeks an experienced, Santa-Ana based, bilingual (Spanish/English) teaching artist* to facilitate a drop-in art workshop for Family Day. Generously supported by the City of Santa Ana Arts and Culture Office, Family Day will be held at the museum on Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 11-4pm. The teaching artist will work with OCMA to present an art activity that is related to the exhibitions on view, open-ended, fosters a fun and creative learning experience for all ages, and encourages intergenerational collaboration.
*Applicants age 50+ are encouraged to apply, per the grant guidelines of the City of Santa Ana Arts and Culture Office.
Orange County Museum of Art (OCMA)
1661 W. Sunflower Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Pre 11/2/19: Conceptualization of project, 3 hours
$55/hour for a total of $550
• Significant experience making and teaching a range of artistic skills
• Collaborative with excellent communication skills
• Experience working with a range of ages
• Warm and friendly with exceptional customer service and engagement skills
• High comfort level and ability to multitask in an energetic, dynamic environment
• Collaborate with OCMA staff to develop, prepare, and lead an all-ages arts activity related to the exhibitions on view
• Communicate and coordinate closely with OCMA staff to prepare activity materials, including creating simple activity instructions, and determining and acquiring activity materials
• Work with 2-4 OCMA volunteers who will assist with running the workshop on 11/2/2019
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading, “Teaching Artist Application” along with two references.
Note: The final candidate will be required to complete a Livescan background check via the Santa Ana Arts and Culture Office.