Ernie Watts Quartet
At 13, Ernie Watts first heard John Coltrane on the album ‘Kind Of Blue’ with Miles Davis, and jazz became his focus in music—and in life.
Though he has been onstage for over 60 years, and was a studio musician in Los Angeles for almost 40 of them, he always played live jazz on the weekends with his own bands, composing and arranging his own tunes as part of the sets. That gradually became what he chose as his direction in playing.
This is the type of music the audience will hear. It includes original pieces by Ernie, by band members, and other musicians he admires, plus some jazz classics, all played with strength, vividness, and
*No member discounts available
Buy a JazzFest Season Pass
$150 Season Pass includes six live Jazz concerts - every Thursday May 11th-June 15th.
Contact: (714) 738-6595
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jun 8, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
Additional time info:
• All JazzFest performances are held in the outdoor amphitheater.
• Concert tickets are will-call style, so there are no physical tickets. If you bought your ticket online or over the phone, simply show up and give us the name you used for your purchase.
• A beer and wine bar will be available.
• Concert-goers may bring their own food and drinks to enjoy in the outdoor amphitheater.
• Parking is free in The Muck lot.
1201 West Malvern Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92833
MORE FROM Muckenthaler Cultural Center, The
Apr 2, 2023
Apr 2, 2023
Apr 6, 2023
Apr 13, 2023