Props Shop Supervisor - South Coast Repertory
Posted: Jun, 07, 2016
655 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa, CA, 92626
Position Starting: November 2019
Rate: $24.00 per hour salaried exempt (Based on Experience)
Reports to: Production Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for on time completion of all show properties, including but not limited to show furniture, set dressing, prop specific lighting, hand props, foliage and special effects.
- Effectively manage department staff and priorities.
- Collaborate closely with all production departments and all designers and directors.
- Report to Production Management build and budget status as shows progress through shop.
- Supervise staff (artisan, assistant prop shop supervisor/carpenter, shopper and additional over hire).
- Manage and safely maintain all prop inventories and work/storage spaces
- Detailed understanding props management: period details, construction techniques, resources, procurement, etc.
- Oversee material supply, care, use and repair of shop tools and equipment.
- Oversee and uphold the policies and procedures outlined in South Coast Repertory’s Employee Handbook.
- Participate in load-in and load-outs – set dressing, packing, and etc.as needed.
- Maintain artistic integrity and high standards for quality of work.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years professional theatrical prop master/supervisor experience
- Highly skilled in all aspects of prop construction, maintenance, safety and procurement
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and an effective team leader
- Must be effective at managing staff, budget, and time flows
- Experience and proven ability to manage labor and budgets in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Able to repeatedly lift, push, or maneuver up to 50-70 lbs either alone or with assistance
- Knowledge of weaponry and FSC beneficial
- Positive attitude
This position is a full time year round exempt position, with benefits that include vacation/sick pay, medical/dental/vision and 403.b retirement plan. South Coast Repertory is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all areas of its operation.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 3 references to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. NO PHONE CALLS