401 East Chapman Ave., Placentia, CA 92870
The City of Placentia is “A Pleasant Place To Live.” Placentia’s colorful history began in 1837 when the governor of Mexico granted the Rancho San Juan Cajon De Santa Ana to Juan Ontiveros. This land grant included the area that today comprises Placentia, Anaheim, Fullerton, and La Habra.
Placentia’s climate and rich land attracted an ever-growing number of new residents. The area was well suited for raising citrus fruit, walnuts, avocados, and grapes. Placentia became the center of Valencia Orange Growing and Packing, and its 500 citizens voted to incorporate the City in 1926.
In 1960, Placentia’s population had reached only 5,000; however, a phenomenal growth period was just beginning. By 1970, the population had increased five-fold to nearly 25,000. Today, Placentia is still a fast-growing community with 45,000 residents, beautiful suburban homes, good schools, stately churches, and wholesome recreation.