War Brings Change
During the Mexican-American War, a combined force of 600 American soldiers, sailors, and Marines under the joint command of Army General Stephen W. Kearly and US Navy Commodore Robert F. Stockton made camp at Don Juan Avila’s Rancho Niguel. They were traveling north from San Diego to the Los Angeles area between December 29, 1846 and January 8, 1847. Their mission was to secure Southern California and then retake Los Angeles, which was held by Californios.
Medium type: Acrylic Paint
24035 El Toro Rd, Laguna Hills, CA, 92653