Arts Management Intern
Posted: May 28, 2021
Arts Management Intern at Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
Summary: The Arts Management Intern at Casa Romantica is involved in all aspects of cultural nonprofit management, including fundraising, donor prospecting, marketing and graphic design, accounting, social media, volunteer relations, and programming. There is a weighted focus on development and marketing.
This is a summer internship position paid hourly, reporting to the Executive Director and to the Director of Programs and Marketing.
Start date: June 1, 2021
End date: August 30, 2021
Hours/week: 20 hours per week, divided into 3-4 days
About Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and is the historic home of the founder of the City of San Clemente. Casa Romantica provides programs for all ages in arts, music, history, and horticulture and is a premier Southern California cultural center.
Primary Areas of Focus
Maintain and update a database of vendors, businesses and organizations to solicit live and silent auction items from for our annual fundraisers.
Solicit auction items via email, mail, and telephone outreach for our annual fundraisers; coordinate delivery and/or pickup of auction items.
Coordinate the cataloguing, valuation, and packaging of all auction items.
Identify grant opportunities based on research requests from Executive Director and locate basic institution information to submit in grants on behalf of the Executive Director.
Assist Executive Director with grant writing and persuasive writing for donor acquisition and cultivation.
Maintain and update information in donor management software and online ticketing programs.
Perform any other departmental duties or special projects as directed by Executive Director.
Maintain current information on the organization’s website and various print and digital locations where information about the institution can be found.
Create and update flyers, posters, brochures, and graphics for print and web that meet the quality standards of the institution.
Assist with promotional photography needs for various events, programs, and the institution as a whole.
Act a brand ambassador at select cultural events throughout the summer onsite at Casa Romantica
Qualifications – Education/Experience
- Marketing/Communications and/or Arts majors are preferred. This position is eligible for application by students who are incoming at any part of their undergraduate degree.
- Must be culturally literate, with knowledge and appreciation of the performing and visual arts.
Qualifications – Functional
- Must be available to attend and work all assigned cultural center events and fundraisers, many of which are on weeknight evenings and some of which are on weekends.
- Must have a reliable driving record and ability to perform transportation duties if needed.
Qualifications – Professional
- Must demonstrate high level of professionalism when interacting with customers, artists, vendors and donors.
- Must communicate on behalf of Casa Romantica with professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, with mastery of spelling and grammar, and professional, diplomatic word choice/tone of speech.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively set expectations and goals, plan, organize, control, and evaluate work.
- Must be punctual, well-organized, and plan/test operations well in advance of any event.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and analytical skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team environment.
- Must have both a productive and qualitative work ethic, completing work with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Must act as a brand steward of Casa Romantica’s mission both at work and on one’s own time.
Casa Romantica is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: To apply for this job, you MUST send a resume with educational history, volunteer and previous internship history (if applicable), and any notable achievements or honors that you wish to highlight, as well as a cover letter stating (in 2-4 paragraphs) why you would be the ideal candidate for this internship.