Ryman Arts transforms lives by creating access and opportunity for a diverse community of young artists through education in fundamental art skills and mentoring.
From a single drawing class for 12 students in 1990, Ryman Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has grown to serve over 500 students annually. We offer intensive out-of-school studio art instruction, college and career guidance, art supplies, and support services—all at no cost to the student.
- Classes are taught by professional artists.
- Classes are 3½ hours long, meet on weekends, and require 6-8 hours of weekly homework.
- Classes are held on the campuses of Otis College of Art & Design and California State University, Fullerton. (Students choose which site to attend; the same classes are offered at each site.)
- Acceptance to Ryman Arts is highly competitive and based solely on merit.
- With small class sizes, we are able to provide personal attention and work with each student’s unique circumstance so as to provide the same high quality service to every student.